Today’s online ecosystem is overflowing with casual and serious writers. Are you ready to invest a few hours of every week writing articles that promote your products or services? Do you have the first couple articles already written? If the answer is yes to both of these questions then you are definitely ready for a WordPress website with full blogging.
For some of us this writing isn’t an easy task. If you don’t have the meddle to keep it up for the long run then don’t do it. Instead be a contributing author elsewhere and build a static website that puts your products and services in the best light.
- Research your industry to see what others are doing.
- Be honest about your writing skills.
- Be sure you have the time and energy to invest in the writing.
- Make a list of topics and see how much content you really have.
- Test your content on some current clients.
The most successful blogs in my experience have had a dedicated content writer on staff. In fact, the ideal marketing team has a dedicated person for social media, a dedicated person for writing content, a web developer who is savvy in Search Engine Optimization techniques. This is more than the typical sole proprietor can handle so consider these points carefully as you develop your marketing plan.